Tin Mới

Lời Cảm Ơn Của Trẻ

A Special Thank On The Holiday

   I am eighteen years old. I was always busy with my schooldays, homework and extracurricular activities. I did not have much time to talk to my parents to express how I feel about their heart and great things they have done  for me and my sisters. Today while I was working with them to decorate the Christmas tree, I have a chance to look at them silently with all my respect and love. While we set up the Santa Clause statue together, a question suddenly popped up from my mind as it couldn’t wait any longer for a chance:
- You knew the way Santa Claus given present to the kids is not real, didn’t you?
- Yes I surely did and you too. But is it serious? My Dad answered.
- Well, I’ve  just wonder why you didn’t tell me the truth before I learned by myself.
- What can I say? Well, I can say sorry if you want me to. But I did what a parent should do because they all love their children. And I believe one day you will do the same.
- But why that happened, dad?
- You will surely know when you become a dad. But I can tell you all the best of my knowledge. And here is why:
   First, it is related to child psychology.  As far as I learn children all love mythologies. They love to merge themselves into stories that will help them naturally to improve their imagination while self-discovering and interpreting the world and identifying with the characters of the story. They all love “Once up on a time…”story.
   Second, children tend to the curiosity and fascination the story given them before trying to discover the truth while they love and trust their parent. In education, this is the great advantage to teach children love the good versus the bad without struggle or conflict.
   Third, about this story, the whole world use it as the great chance of education which definitely contributes joyfulness, love and happiness to the Christmas day, and there is no harm at all. Before I tell you the this is not real, I have to think what my son will get. I don’t want him to be excluded or isolated by his friends. It is heartless to do that. It is heart-broken for parents who see their kids fall in that situation, isn’t it? My son is still at the age of living in beautiful dreams, and it is totally unfair if I impose my thoughts on him at the wrong time. To tell you that is not real, the four year-old baby can easily do it but as your dad I would rather not to do so.  We paused for a while then my Mom added:
- The Santa Claus legend has become the quintessence of the culture and surpassed the boundary of religion. And you see there are countless of videos, movies of animal living, talking as human and a lot of mythologies for kids on TV every day. Are they true stories? Absolutely not. Right?! But kids love them. Nobody tries to tell the kids not to watch those because they are not true.  It is nonsense trying to say or prove that the way how Santa gives Christmas present to kids is not real. Let the kids’ dreams come truth then ultimately they will find out by themselves when they grow up. They are at the age of developing imagination and living in it. Parents always have hard time to tell how the baby comes to the world; it is simple but they have tons of different unverified stories about it. You get to understand they are in the position of doing what they should and they know their kids will find out the real answer by themselves when they become mature enough. So what would you do if you were a father?
- Those beautiful moments of love and happiness are still in my mind as an unforgettable gift. It realy, realy touched my heart deeply when my dream came truth and encouraged me to behave myself more than any other given lessons. I also had a pleasant moment when I, myself discovered the truth and happened to understand the way adults love kids. Thank you so much my great mom and dad!  It is more than I can say, I  love  you forever!

No comments